Frequently Asked Questions
What should I know as a new consignor?
- We do not buy items outright.
- Appointments are required to consign with us.
- A maximum of two shopping bags of clothing can be assessed per appointment. No items on hangers, please!
- Appointment slots are limited to one per consignor per day. Please do not book multiple appointments to bring in more than two bags at a time.
- We typically do not start consignment accounts for a single item. Please bring at least a few items with you to be assessed.
- Anything not selected will be returned immediately. We do not offer donation services and cannot hold items overnight. You must remain in the area until your items are done being assessed.
- Consignors are required to sign a contract in-store.
- The account holder must be on the premises in order to sign the contract. We cannot start an account for someone who is not physically at their appointment.
What can I consign?
- We are currently accepting Transitional Spring consignment. Please see our Consignment Appointment page for a more detailed list of seasonal items we are looking for.
- We accept clothing, shoes and accessories for all gender expressions and sizes.
- We aren’t brand specific, but we are style focused. We look for contemporary and vintage pieces which are in season and on trend.
- Items should be cleaned and in good condition with no stains, rips, pilling, missing buttons, etc.
- We do no not accept children’s clothing, suits, undergarments or household items on consignment.
What happens to my consigned items?
- Items will be appraised, entered into a computerized account, and prepared for sale. For in season items, this process typically takes up to 2 weeks. For items selected for an upcoming season or Pop Up theme, items may be held for an extended period of time
- Appraisal is based on the item’s condition, retail price, style and timing within the season.
- Once put on the sales floor, items receive a selling period of at least 60 days.
- Items not sold after 30 days will be discounted by 20% of the appraised price.
- After 60 days, any unsold items will be donated* unless otherwise specified.
* Donated items are be sold at our Rummage Sale, with net proceeds going to designated charities. Thereafter, any unsold items will be donated to a charity organization.
How do I collect my share of the proceeds for items sold?
- As items sell, consignors can choose collect their account balance as a cheque, or use it as store credit.
- If you choose to use store credit, you receive 50% of sale proceeds, available to use right away. Simply give your name to the cashier at the time of purchase.
- If you choose to collect a cheque, you receive 40% of sale proceeds. Cheques are available by request with a processing time of 3-5 business days. You may request a cheque at any time by contacting us at 604-879-8431, or by email at email@example.com.
* This is a guideline only. We reserve all rights to make any adjustments.